Please note: 1x lure body, 1x Shad tail, and 1x Curly tail per purchase in the chosen size.
Design your own Svartzonker McHybrid & be in with the chance of winning a fishing experience with the man himself!
One lucky winner will win an all-expenses-paid fishing trip to Sweden*, for themselves and a friend to fish with Claes 'Svartzonker' Classon.
And if that's not enough, the winning design also will be part of a 2022 bait range!
For more information, please visit the competition page here: Abu Garcia Contest
How it works
It's time to get creative and design your bait!
Blank body McHybrid baits are available from our official retailer listed below.
Simply purchase a blank body to color and design in any way you wish.
You have full creative reign.
Need inspiration? Check out our top tips below.
Upload your entry
Once you have perfected your bait design simply snap a photo and upload it in the form on the Abu Garcia competition page here: Abu Garcia Contest
You DON’T need fancy materials to get creative. Here are some great options:
- Simple Spray Cans
- Paintbrush with water-based or acrylic paint
- Marker pens
- Melted crayons
- Household spices, sand, salt
- Old Paint you have lying around
- Cut up stickers
- Aluminum foil
- Superglue for adding elements or texture
- Clearcoat spray paint for the top layer
- Use net or lace as a spray paint stencil or even cut out paper templates, this will make patterns are easy and effectively
- Prime your bait first with a good primer! You can pick cheap spray cans up which don't cost the earth!
- Start off with a layer of white paint, this will make sure every color you add on top will pop.
- Colors are up to you, be super creative! Contrasts work brilliantly, for example, a black and white belly so when the bait rolls in the water you get a good flashing effect. Go wild with funky colors or keep it natural, whatever you perfer!
- Need something for eyes? try the standard 12mm sticky eyes which you can buy online or get creative with things you can stick on like beer caps!
- We supply the paddle and curly tail, use marker pens to match the color up with the body. You might even get creative and use a bit off one of your already smashed baits and stick on!
- Protect everything with a clear coat on top, this will keep the bait looking great and protect from the pike's teeth.